When relocation or an evacuation is necessary the Chicago Fire Department will make an announcement and provide direction.
- Remain calm
- Alert others in the area of need to relocate or evacuate
- Listen for instructions from overhead announcement
- Move out of the immediate area
- Exit the floor through the closest stairwell unless otherwise directed by the Chicago Fire Department.
- Do not use the elevator
- Once outside the building move to Starbucks at Clark/Deming (your assigned meeting place)
- Account for all patients, parents, visitors, and staff
& FOLLOW UP
- Suggested relocation or evacuation priority: ambulatory, assisted, then dependent
- Move those persons unable to walk down the stairs to the Clark NORTH stairwell which is a safe area of refuge.
- Use Emergency phones located on the 9th and 5th floor stairwells as needed
- Report any missing person to security or Chicago Fire Department.
- Wait for instructions from the Chicago Fire Department and/or Hospital Designee before re-entry.