When relocation or an evacuation is necessary the Chicago Fire Department will make an announcement and provide direction.
- Remain calm
- Alert others in the area of need to relocate or evacuate
- Listen for instructions from overhead announcement
- Move out of the immediate area
- Leave the building through the closest stairwell
- Do not use the elevator
- Once outside the building move to your assigned meeting place: move to the NWCH signage across from flag poles by the circular drive
- Account for all patients, parents, visitors, and staff
& FOLLOW UP
- Suggested evacuation priority: ambulatory, assisted, then dependent
- Move those persons unable to walk down the stairs, to the stairwell which is a safe area of refuge
- Report any missing person to Arlington Heights Fire Department or Northwest Community Hospital Security
- Wait for instructions from the Arlington Heights Fire Department and/or Hospital Designee before re-entry.
- Call and update Lurie Hospital Security (312) 227-4222